The Weekly Round-Up - June 11
Your source for news, upcoming releases, and what to check out in the large world of music!
- Green Day have confirmed the release dates for their upcoming trilogy of albums. Albums "¡Uno! ¡Dos!" and "¡Tré!" will be coming out one by one on September 25, November 13, and finally January 15 2013. All this coupled with a tour of Europe and parts of North America make the rest of 2012 an exciting time for the band and its fans. Via NME
- Radiohead are on tour through the USA and have been heard playing a new song in sound check. The band finally performed their new track that is titled "Full Stop" in Chicago over the weekend. Live footage can be seen here via Stereogum
- Remember R&B master D’Angelo? Well Mr. Michael D’Angelo Archer is back from a 12 year hiatus after making a surprise appearance at Bonnaroo over the weekend. D’Angelo, alongside Questlove and other artists took the audience back in time performing classic rock hits like "She came in Through the Bathroom Window" by The Beatles and "What Is and What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin. A clip of the performance is here via Ultimate Classic Rock
- Lady Gaga suffered a concussion onstage in Auckland, New Zealand over the weekend. Gaga was knocked over the head by accident with a prop from one of her dancers. Despite the blow Gaga didn’t miss a beat and played another 16 songs to finish the show. What a trooper! Via Popcrush
- For a retail price of $245 you can be the lucky owner of Kanye West’s new Nike Air Yeezy II limited-edition sneakers. But head to your nearest shoe store soon as pairs of the sneakers are going for as much as $90,300 on eBay, Yikes!
Albums Releasing This Week (June 12)
Video to Watch
- The Offspring are back with a new album "Days Go By" set to release this month. Here is the video to their second single "Cruising California" which is unfortunately far removed from their punk roots.
Did You Know?
- Ever wonder why your mind periodically decides to replay a song in your head all day long, whether you like it or not? Then check out this article from the BBC about the dreaded "Earworm," with explanations for why they happen, and possible cures. Via BBC
Festival to Attend
If you are in Toronto over the course of the week be sure to check out the North by Northeast festival that’s happening throughout the city. NXNE features 780 bands, 40 films, and free shows at Yonge-Dundas Square in the heart of the city. The festival kicks off tonight at 8:00 with a free show by Metric at the Chorus Quay building located at 25 Dockside Drive.
That’s your music roundup for the week ahead. Did you like what you saw, have any comments or questions; did we miss something that you think needs to be talked about? Give us your feed back at email@example.com